Skip to main content

Finding Full Text: SPU and Beyond: King County Library System

Use this guide to find out how to get the full text of desired books and articles.

Search for a Journal @ King County Library System

What you will need: A King County Library System card. All SPU students (and Seattle city residents) are eligible for a limited use reciprocal borrowing card.  You will need to visit a local KCLS branch with a photo ID and something that verifies your current address, e.g. a government issued ID, utility bill, etc.

The reciprocal borrowing card provides access to King County library physical and virtual holdings. However, reciprocal borrowers are not eligible to download ebooks or place holds on books.

More questions on what items the reciprocal card provides access to? Visit the Seattle Resident Borrower FAQs.

1) Visit the KCLS library page @ Hover over Learning and Research and choose Premium Databases.

2) Once on the Premium Databases page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Search all premium databases for journal, magazine and newspaper titles".

3) Search for the journal you need by title or browse by subject.