Options for finding full text copies of specific non-SPU dissertations
This is a very common question. Most dissertations are not available through InterLibrary Loan. Listed below are several ways to try to get your hands on a copy of a dissertation.
1. Search Open Dissertations is an EBSCOHost database.
2. Go to the University of Washington. Access their ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global database and see if there is a full text copy of the dissertation available. Suzzallo usually has a few open computers which allow one to search for items. Make sure you save the PDF of the dissertation to a flash drive. Do not email the record to yourself.
3. Identify the author of a dissertation and look for contact information for them using Google. Send them an email letting them know your interest in their work.
4. You can purchase a soft copy for about $38. Here is the link to use for purchasing. http://dissexpress.umi.com/dxweb/search.html
5. Every once in a while, searching in Google, using the title of the dissertation, will reveal a copy that is available.
Learning Outcomes: by the end of this video you will know how to: