For this class, you will complete weekly outlines or three page thesis papers on class readings*.
For these papers, you will need to locate and use:
Learn how to locate these resources in the library or the library's web site by using this guide.
*Please review the assignment specifications on your course syllabus.
Many class readings will be available through the databases listed below.
TIP: There are two main ways to search for access to a specific article (other than using the "check for full text" link within a database) - searching SPU Primo by journal title or Google Scholar by article title. For other options to access the full-text, see Finding Full Text.
1. Search for the journal title (e.g. Journal of Applied Psychology) in from the library's home page.
2. Locate the correct journal title from the search results and click Online Access. Verify the years available against the article's date of publication, and choose the database that encompasses that year.
3. "Search within this publication" by title or author.
Search Google Scholar by article title:
This option can be faster, as long as all the links work correctly. Make sure you are either searching from on-campus or using the link above so that it links to SPU databases.
1. Copy and paste the article title into the Google Scholar search box and click search.
2. If SPU has access, there will be a link on the right side. There may be access to the article in other ways as well.
3. After clicking on Full-Text@SPU Library, select any one of the databases listed to access the full article.
By the end of using this subject guide, students should be able to: