By the end of this Subject Guide students should be able to:
1. Identify your research proposal topic.
2. What types of resources do you need to use for your research proposal?
3. Find periodical articles using keywords in databases searches.
4. Use unique keywords to find books on your topic in the library's discovery search engine
5. Find statistics using free Internet sources.
6. Evaluate your resources.
7. Cite your sources using APA.
Literature Review (30%). Individually, you will conduct a review of the literature surrounding a disability topic and prepare a 5-page APA-formatted paper. You will reference at least five sound sources (e.g., your textbook, journal articles), and two of the five sources must be peer-reviewed journal articles. The paper should cover a description of the disability, etiology, medical considerations (if relevant), effects on learning/social/physical development, research-based instructional strategies and strategies for inclusion. In addition to the Literature Review, you will compose and post on Canvas a 1 to 2-page summary to share with your classmates. Please see Literature Review Instructions and Rubric under the Assignment section on Canvas. Literature Review and Summary DUE 11/12/17 by midnight.