Reference books (like the ones listed on the left) offer a concise overview of a topic and can help you narrow your topic.
The APA Handbook of Ethics in Psychology is a great one with which to start.
Take a look at some of the chapter titles:
1. Ethical foundations of psychology
2. Ethics and ethics codes for psychologists
3. Social justice and civic virtue
8. Competence with diverse populations
9. Boundaries, multiple roles, and the professional relationship
10. Religion, spirituality, and mental health, etc.
1. Treating children and adolescents
2. Ethical considerations in the psychological evaluation and treatment of older adults
16. The responsible conduct of psychological research: an overview of ethical principles, APA Ethics Code standards, and federal regulations
17. Research with vulnerable populations
18. Ethical issues in Internet research
19. Deception in research
20. Laboratory animal research ethics: a practical, educational approach
To access this type of APA eBook,
SPU Primo is the library's discovery system to search for books and media.
The default search is SPU Library + Summit (which searches all Orbis Cascade Alliance libraries), but you may change the drop-down menu to SPU Library to narrow your search to SPU only or Articles, Books, and More to broaden your search to include SPU, Summit, articles, and some free online content.
Sign in to request books and media unavailable from the SPU library through Summit (3-5 business days) or visit the affiliated library in person to check out materials. Learn more about Summit.
Learn more about searching SPU Primo.
Encyclopedias can provide an overview of your topic.
Search SPU Primo to find encyclopedias or other reference sources on your topic by searching for your topic combined with
Browse the references of each article to find further resources on the subject.