Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The SPU Library Front Desk has many technology tools available for check out.
View all items and check availability in SPU Primo.
Seattle Pacific University’s Library provides technology, tools, assistance, and space for students to research, collaborate, and create.
The Front Desk offers student support for software use, basic project advice, and technology questions. Contact the Front Desk at 206-281-2228.
Software on library computers
You can use library computers to access many software programs you need for your class (e.g. Minitab, MATLAB, The Food Processor).
To access these programs, use one of the sign-in computers (located on the Lower Level or near the back of the main floor).
If you search for the program you need and it's not yet installed, open the Software Center to search for and install the program you need.
Technology in the Library
- Ask at the Front Desk: During library hours stop by for assistance.
- Borrow Tech Tools: Check out tools such as DSLR cameras, MacBooks, Chromebooks, microphones, headphones, mobile device chargers, and more.
- Purchase: guest printing PaperCut funds; laminations; send or receive faxes.
- Printing: Color and black-and-white printing available using Falcon Funds. Set up printing on your personal computer from the SPU Download Center (PaperCut Client).
The Library provides access to a number of tools students may need for their digital scholarship whether it is a self-directed project, a personal need, or an assignment from a professor. The Library provides access to new technology tools based on the needs of students and faculty. Many items are available for check out while some are only available for use within the library. Please contact the Library Front Desk to learn more about the specific details of each tool and their availability. Our goal is to provide access to important and unique tools students need and don’t have access to themselves.
The list below summarizes many of the items we provide access to:
- Video cameras (prosumer quality, basic pocket cameras, and GoPros)
- Picture cameras (DSLR and basic point-and-shoots)
- A few MacBook Airs with OS X (for use within the library only), MacBook power adapters (for use within the library only)
- Equipped with software such as Adobe, Office, iMovie, and more.
- Desktop computers with large screens (some with dual screens)
- Equipped with software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Office, AutoCAD, and more (use the Software Center to install software if not already available)
- Audio/Video adapters (i.e. to connect a MacBook Pro to a TV screen)
- Large screens in library study rooms with HDMI and VGA cables
- Mobile device power adapters
- Graphing Calculators
- Digital voice recorders
- PowerPoint presenters
Questions or Assistance?
Contact the Library Front Desk which is located on the Main Level of the Ames Library at Seattle Pacific University.
206-281-2228 | spu.edu/library