Subject Guide Learning Outcomes
By the end of this Subject Guide students will:
- use the catalog to find book(s) on their topic
- find at least one reliable article on their organization to support their assertions in research papers
- know how to format a paper in the APA style
Poll Everywhere Surveys
Click on the Poll Everywhere links and submit your answers.
Assignments (from the syllabus)
The presentation assignment is your chance to introduce the class to a company that is doing something interesting with respect to social-responsibility. So you will need to find a company doing something YOU find interesting and meaningful, research it, and then construct a presentation so the rest of us can learn about it, too. Using Internet and Print sources (minimum of 8 references), your presentation should cover the organization’s:
- Background informaton on the organization (history and industry).
- What the company is doing to serve the world and/or be a good steward. Note their specific practices/programs.
- Describe the impact the organization is making.
An annotated reference list using APA style is required.
This quarter you will be required to write a 6-8 page research paper (not including cover page or references). This paper will really be an extension of your presentation, in that you will write about the company on which you based your speech. However, this paper will require you to go beyond the information presented in your speech. Beyond just describing what the organization is doing, the paper should discuss your chosen organization’s approach to business in terms of:
- Enacting spiritual values
- Stewardship ethics
- Theological purpose of business.
Finally, you should critique/evaluate this organization’s method of advancing the social good.