The materials you need for this paper include (BEAM):
B: Background information
- information you’re curious about, which might help you write a more informed paper. This might be background information about the author, or if you’re new to a series, background about the author’s purpose for a series. This information gives you a more rich beginning to your research, but it doesn’t typically show up as quotes or evidence in your paper.
- Novel or short story (LWW, LBN, The Hobbit, GC, HP7)
- Scripture passage
- Dictionary or Encyclopedia article
A: Argument Sources
- An article (from a journal) or an essay (from a book) that analyzes the novel or short story that you read (minimum one argument source; preferably two)
M: Method or Theory sources
- unnecessary for this paper, though “On Fairy Stories” serves as one of these. These sources highlight why you’re able to make the claims you are.