Over the summer I will be updating this page with our newly added resources, video tutorials, and some immediate materials for your use.
I have not deleted ANY pages that were previously found in this guide. I've simply moved them under broader categories and you can also use the "In this guide..." navigation on the top left side of this page.
If you have any suggestions for this guide, please click on the "Feedback" tab and you'll find a place to help improve the guide.
Information Literacy Orientation
Screencast teaching how to use key business resources to find company, demographic, and industry information. This screen cast covers:
- Business Source Complete to find
- market research reports
- company information
- industry profiles
- combining terms with AND (boolean searching) to find better information
- International Directory of Company Histories (148 volume ebook)
- IBISWorld for industry information
- NAICS codes (North American Classification System)
- Business Analyst Online for demographic reports
Finding Books & Articles for Business Research
This screen cast covers:
- finding the Business and Econ Research subject guide
- finding articles using keywords and subject terms (concept terms) in Business Source Complete
- truncation with an *
- refinining your results in Business Source Complete by different subject terms
- using some of the drop down menu options, such as CO Company Entity to focus searches
- using the Library's search engine (Primo) to find books at SPU and in the SUMMIT system (37 colleges and universities in the Pacific Northwest)
- refining results in Primo
- Work & Faith Collection, a special collection