PSY 4100 Assignment
For this course, you'll be completing a few assignments*, including an Ethics Assignment and Research Project:
A. Ethics Assignment (25 pts)
2) Annotated Bibliography (10 pts) - you will work in groups to identify eight sources about a sensitive issue in doing psychological research with human participants...Your sources must be from at least two different categories of publication such as literature review, empirical study, clinical trials, books, etc.
3) APA Style Paper (20 pts) – this assignment will require you to work individually to write a 4-5 page paper describing a sensitive issue in doing psychological research with human participants, potential justifications for such research, and your personal opinion on conducting research with human participants that involves these risks. You must identify a minimum of eight scholarly sources for this paper.
B. Research Project (80 pts)
4) Annotated Bibliography (10 pts) - your group will identify a minimum of eight sources...from at least two different categories of publication.
7) APA Style Research Paper (30 pts) – you will recruit and test a specified number of participants to test your hypothesis, and be responsible for entry of their data. You will write an approximately 10-15 page APA style paper on your project. This paper will be written individually.
*Check your syllabus for more details about your assignments.
Core Article Databases
Subject Guide Learning Outcomes
By the end of this session, students will be successful if they can:
- identify keywords/subjects that describe the research paper topic
- create a preliminary search strategy
- revise search strategy as needed
- evaluate and select appropriate scholarly sources:
- identify at least 3 of the 8 sources needed on research topic
- identify a test/measure for use in methodology of research project
Library Instruction Survey
Please fill out a brief evaluation of the information literacy session you had for this course. Responses are anonymous.
Your feedback is very important to me - I read all responses and use the feedback to revise my teaching methods and content.
Thank you! - Kristen