Annotated Bibliography Assignment
II. Annotated Bibliography
What is an Annotated Bibliography? http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/01/
Annotated Bibliography Requirements:
- Minimum of ten (10) sources on your topic (This does not necessarily mean that each of these will make it into your research proposal—use discernment at this stage to save work/time later)
- Sources must be peer-reviewed (see me for approval if you have found an important, relevant source that is not peer-reviewed—make a case for its inclusion)
- APA style citation, with
- summary (what did the source contribute to the knowledge?)
- critical analysis (assess and reflect)
1. Identify your research proposal topic.
- state your research proposal as a question
- find some background information on your topic
- identify main concepts and/or keywords in your research proposal statement
2. What type of resources do you need to use for your research proposal?
- generate a list of types of resesources
- generate a list of where you would go to find these types of resources
3. Find periodical articles using keywords in databases searches.
- periodicals are continuous publications such as newspapers, academic journals, magazines, etc.
4. Use unique keywords to find books on your topic in the library's discovery search engine
- make sure you sign in with your Banner information
- the library is organized by the Library of Congress Classification System
5. Find statistics using free Internet sources.
6. Evaluate your resources.
7. Cite your sources using APA.