New Student Checklist
Visit the SPU Library!
- Library Hours: spu.edu/library/about-the-library/library-hours.aspx
- Reserve a Study Room: http://spu.edu/library
Meet my subject librarian - each librarian works with specific departments or schools
- Liaison Librarian List: spu.edu/library/about-the-library/staff-directory/librarians-by-discipline
Find my course reserves - these are articles, books, CDs, or DVDs that your professor wants you to use, but you don't have to buy; get them at the SPU Library
- Use the SPU Catalog to find them: spu.edu/library
Search the Library Catalog
- Use the box on the SPU Library's homepage to search for books, DVDs, CDs and more: spu.edu/library
Request a book, DVD, or CD from our consortium, Summit
- Summit consists of 37 college & university libraries in the Pacific Northwest. We share our materials!
- You will get an email message when your item arrives -- usually 3-5 business days after requesting
- Request through the SPU Library Catalog: spu.edu/library
- You must be signed in to the SPU Library Catalog in order to request items!!
Search the Library databases for articles
- The SPU Library provides access to millions of full-text articles through the databases
Email or chat with a librarian using the “Ask a Librarian” service
Learn more with the SPU Library's Online Tutorials
Print & Scan
- Undergraduate Students enrolled in 12 credits or more will receive a print credit of $5.00 per quarter
- The SPU Library has many types of technology items available for check out, including phone chargers, laptops, cameras, and recording equipment